Arkansas Gardening Calendar
- It’s time to redeem your Dirt Dollars; come by June 1st- 15th to use points earned through The Good Earth loyalty program!
- For best control of weeds, get on a every 60 to 90 application schedule for Good Earth brand Weed & Grass Preventer with slow release nitrogen fertilizer during spring and summer applications.
- Treat existing weeds in lawn areas and landscape beds with a post-emergent herbicide. Learn how to use a spreader here or sprayer here.
- Re-apply bloom inducing fertilizer on annual color. BR-61 is a wonderful water soluble option; Ferti-Lome Premium Bedding Plant Food is a great slow release option.
- Treat lawn for grubs with Bayer Complete Insect Killer.
- Treat evergreens for bagworms by applying either a Bacillus thuringiensis or spinosad insect killer. Hi Yield 38 Plus will also work.
- If you don’t have enough color in your landscape, there is still time to plant annuals. And tropicals like hibiscus always provide an extra punch of color!
- Be on the lookout for foliar diseases such as powdery mildew on crape myrtles and dogwoods. Copper fungicides are effective as are systemic fungicides. Roses are susceptible to black spot; treat with Bayer Rose & Flower Care, which fertilizes, and treats for both diseases and insects. Bonide Rose Shield also treats for diseases and insects.
- Removing the old blooms on perennials such as buddleia will help them continue blooming.